Saturday 23 March 2013

Il Corno Blu - Japanese Bespoke shoes

As you may know by now that I have this fascination about Japanese bespoke boot and shoemakers, and I have not touched on them for quite some time. Today I have sampled a few creations by Il Corno Blu (not sure if it is a collaboration of different bespoke shoe artisans or one man's work). 

The first depicted light brown or Tan coloured quarter brogue punched captoe Oxford is from Il Corno Blu (Yutaka Seigaku), never have I seen a classic simple oxford renditioned so immaculately and perfectly as this creation from Master Yutaka Seigaku.


Bespoke quarter brogue punched Oxford laced shoe from Il Corno Blu (Yutaka Seigaku)
 Sole details of the shoe - just simple, adorable, perfect, classic and timeless

The below shoes photos all sourced from Style Forum and creations of Il Corno Blu.
A black stitched Oxford, simple, classic and elegant.

 Il Corno Blue Ready To Wear offerings, if wishes were horses, then I would be begging to ride and be a jockey on these below RTW offerings. So simple and refined yet classic and elegant. Need to pop up in Japan for a cup of tea.  
 A line up of the usual suspects from Il Corno Blu
 I am not sure what hide is the strapped loafer made of, but it is appealing to my taste, same as the tan below loafer and above the monk strap
Pictures sourced from Style Forum and The Shoe Realistic Blog and Style Forum.








5 comments:

  1. I'll take one of each please.. My favorite is the first tan Oxford.. Simple, classic, sleek, elegant.. I also like the following black cap toe.. Seems the toe is slightly more polished than the rest of the shoe.. Gorgeous! Also that single strapped wholecut? Loafer is a sight as well.. Great piece .

    -brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad,

    Thanks for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed the shoes. The tan Oxford was the first shoe that caught my attention too, very well renditioned. True that the black cap toe is as classic it can get. Both shoes are bespoke. Your observation is true that the cap toe is spit shined (glacage) meaning that it got more attention than the rest of the shoe, bringing the shine out. Very common. The single strapped loafer made my mouth water, especially in the darker shade (shoe after the double black monk). Noticed the two colour tone (black and burgundy)? The beauty of all these shoes is in the tiny details.

    Have a pleasant day until next post.

    Regards
    The Shoe AristoCat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I think Yutaka Seigaku and Riccardo Bestetti are my favorite shoe makers. I would really like to get a pair of the brown loafers (bottom pictures). Would you be able to guide me on how to get in touch with YS, please?
    With best regards,
    Ralf

    ReplyDelete
  4. The reason why it may seem that Corno Blu shoes are made by a range of makers, is that Mr Seigaku consciously takes influences from other makers. For instance, the short jodphur boot you can see on the Instagram is modelled on the John Lobb version of the same, the single monk shoe is very much like the Spigola one, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lisele.charlotte@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete