Thursday 2 May 2013

Passaggio Cravatte bespoke hand crafted neck ties

For the day I have sampled an accessory which any respectable gent must have in his wardrobe. The sampled accessory is: bespoke hand crafted neck tie creations from a young establishment named Passaggio Cravatte from (Robbio) Italy, just outside of Milan. 
The company Passaggio Cravatte came into being in 2010, when one of the founders Mr. Gianni Cerutti could not find satisfaction in the existing offer of ties available on the market. So together with Marta Passaggio decided to create his own ties.

The neck ties are exclusively hand made following an old neck tie making tradition and craftsmanship in Naples (Italy).  The duo is operating in a niche market of true neck tie connoisseurs, for those who know what they want and appreciate the tailoring details. The neck ties are exclusive and unique for those gents who appreciates true neck tie craftsmanship. 


Passaggio Cravatte neck ties in vintage fabrics (90%), or vintage inspired silks. Some of the fabrics are more than 50 years old. The preferred construction of the neck ties is a six fold with a very light  weight lining, thus resulting in a neck tie with enough bulk at the knot, yet light at the tip. Passaggio Cravatte does create seven folds neck ties. 
All neck ties are crafted entirely by hand in Naples, following a long tradition of neck tie making. 
Photos sourced from Passaggio Cravatte

3 comments:

  1. I actually own a cravatte tie.. Perfectly made.. It's a navy blue grenadine, simply gorgeous.. I rarely wear it because, well, I don't want to wear it out. But it is a great piece of craftsmanship .. Huge difference between it and some of my other machine made ties .. Thanks SA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brad,

    Thanks for the comments. You are a lucky man. I am not a Passaggio Cravette owner yet, most of my ties are from Drakes. True that PC makes wonderful ties and they are indeed bespoke. I will be getting in touch with Mr. Cerutti to get myself some of his creations. Wear your PC in good health.

    Have a pleasant day.

    Regards

    The Shoe Aristo Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m happy! Seriously useful blog post right here my buddie. I just desired to comment & say keep up the excellent work. I’ve bookmarked your site right now and I’ll come back to read more soon my friend! Additionally nice designs on the page layout, it’s genuinely simple for the eye. giày jordan cổ cao

    ReplyDelete